Sunday, August 7, 2011

We Card

DEAR PEOPLE WHO ARE UNDER 21 IN THE US OF A:

Sorry, underage folks!


The good people of the government have decided that you cannot buy alcohol until you're 21 years of age.

No, not the face...no....aw, hell, just take the damn beer.

I realize and appreciate that you want to have a good time, but when you try to buy items that you are not legally old enough to buy, you shaft other people when they're caught.  This means that we're going to check your ID.  If you're underage, sucks to be you.  Don't screw over your cashier.

Sincerely,
A Cashier

DEAR PEOPLE WHO ARE OVER 21 IN THE US OF A:

Congratulations!

You have made it at least 21 years without killing yourself!  Your reward?  BOOZE.

What a sweet trophy...

Sincerely,
Your Cashier


I've compiled a list of my favorite carded people, over- and underage.
1. It's always a bit of a shocker when I get a prison ID.  Doesn't happen often, and I don't think that's technically acceptable ID.  But at that point, I'm not really interested in saying no anymore.

They've seen things, man...
2. A 15 year old girl bringing in an ID saying she was at least 60, claiming her husband was a plastic surgeon who did good work (She didn't get the alcohol).
3. A woman who cussed me out after I refused to sell her alcohol when she had no ID.  She looked as if she could have been 21, but her two friends weren't, and I wasn't taking chances.  They were all dressed up for a night on the town and were not happy that I wasn't going to sell them alcohol.  During her cursing and ranting, the woman mentioned buying a case of beer there everyday.  If that's the truth, maybe I did her a favor.....
4. A man went to 3 different registers attempting to buy alcohol in a single night.  Not one cashier sold it to him.  Next night?  Same thing.  I haven't seen him since.
5. A woman yelled at me for not carding a person that I've carded many times in the past and practically knew, considering how many times he'd been in the store.  I was polite to her, but what I hope she realizes next time is that unless she's wearing a police badge or a store badge, who I do and do not card is no business of hers.  It's just an attempt to stir up trouble at that point.  She wasn't technically the one getting carded, but eh.  It still makes the list.

It IS their business.
 I'm sure I'll have more delightful folks soon, but these are just my top 5 right now.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment