Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Introduction

Hello, World.  This is your lowly cashier speaking.

I keep your world running and keep you in stock of your supplies, but I still get considered an intro/no-skills job.  I am the punching bag for problems I can't solve.  I am patient while you put your attention to your phone and hand me two dollars too little.

Am I disgruntled?  Perhaps slightly, but I believe that everyone has done their "time" in the awful job that is cashiering, unless they happen to be one of the lucky few that are rich enough to get by without.  Maybe it is a first job, maybe it became a career.  Either way, everyone can relate but no one seems to remember.

This is a blog dedicated to the horror stories of my job, and the hundreds of thousands of jobs just like mine.  I will not reveal the location of my workplace, because I like my job slightly more than being homeless.  Readers, feel free to comment with stories of your own.  It's nice to know we're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment